[RFI] BPL Protest Opportunity? Give up? NO!

Hare,Ed, W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Thu May 20 19:24:40 EDT 2004

For a rough estimate, *conservatively* assume 200,000 active amateurs. Conservatively, do they have, on average, $5,000 invested in the cost of their equipment, antennas, towers, feed lines, books, tools, components, connectors and the host ofo other things that make up the well-rounded amateur station? If so, the math is pretty staggering:  200,000 X 5,000 = $1,000,000,000.00. Just in the US, amateur radio has collectively invested a billion dollars in its ability to volunteer its time to provide benefit to the public.

Now, this is not a scientific calculation, but only a personal observation. But it isn't too far off the mark for my station, and I have a modest one.

Ed Hare, W1RFI