[RFI] BPL on NPR

EDWARDS, EDDIE J eedwards at oppd.com
Wed May 26 17:05:03 EDT 2004

This has been discussed on BPLandHamRadio, but needs repeating here I
think.

I'm afraid that once a BPL system gets installed in any city, even
though the utility might not use it for providing broadband or ISP
services at some point, they will still have many uses for it from
Automated Meter Reading to Load management to traffic light controls and
on and on...

Slow to die?  I'm not sure it ever will unless the FCC says enough and
bands it.  What's our chances of that happening?

73, de ed -K0iL