[RFI] NPR BPL Story

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu May 27 12:56:03 EDT 2004

At 12:20 PM 5/27/2004, Hare,Ed, W1RFI wrote:
>ARRL's work has been reasoned, reasonable and based on sound findings, not
>speculation.  I would not personally stand for any "doctoring" of results,
>mine or any that I am aware of. It is fine to put one's best foot forward,
>but the concerns that ARRL has raised are real and have been fully
>supported by the work of independent consultants, NTIA and others.  Those
>that know me well know that I would never knowingly say anything that I
>did not personally believe to be true.

On re-reading my comment, I can see how Ed (and perhaps others) could
misread it.  What I meant was that ARINC, NTIA and the ARRL cannot be
construed as working to protect their "commercial interest."  The reference
to (a real strentch) referred to the notion that ARRL somehow has a
"commercial interest" in the continued health of amateur radio.  I did
*not* mean, in reference to any of them, and particularly the ARRL, to
suggest that their technical contributions had been doctored.  I think we
all understand that the BPL providers have the monopoly on self-serving
pseudo-science in this debate.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on April 26, 2004