[RFI] DSC Alarm Panel 75 Meters/False Alarms

Martin Ewing martin at aa6e.net
Wed Nov 17 09:58:07 EST 2004

I think the big issue here is not how to fix the RFI
problem.  (The RFC/cap approach might well work, or
ferrites, or twisted pair.) But it's who's
responsible.

If you start doing the alarm company's work for them,
especially for a neighbor's installation, _you_ become
potentially liable for any future fault on the system.
Ask a lawyer what that could mean.  A hi-fi system is
one thing, but a security/fire alarm is another.

I suggest offering to advise their technician, but
keep hands off.

73, Martin, AA6E