[RFI] 160 Meter Interference

Hare, Ed W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Mon Oct 11 17:48:41 EDT 2004

In most cases, switch-mode supplies tend to run at a fairly steady frequency, but with slow drift from a cold start to full warmup.

The other thing I have noted about most switchers is that the inevitable line surges or sags tend to make them burble for that fraction of a second.  So if they are steady, but once in a while hiccup, think switcher.

Ed Hare, W1RFI