[RFI] Ferrite Beads

Ford Peterson ford at cmgate.com
Mon Oct 18 17:00:56 EDT 2004

Bob wrote:

> Ford
> I suspect you are confusing the suggested ranges for broadband transformer
> use with the optimum ranges for RF choking use.
> The best way to see how a toroid or bead is going to work is to do just what
> you did, wire it up and measure it.
> For the bead choking application, I think you will wind up with some other
> mix.
> Good luck and 73
> Bob N6WG

In a perfect world, I would order a dozen of every style and measure them.  At $1.70 each (plus shipping), I was hoping to not have to re-invent the wheel.  As it is, I will be ordering about 32 of what ever I decide.  2 for each COP and 2 for each injector (X) 8 cylinders.  Obviously, doing this for 4 or 5 mixes would be very expensive.  So I was seeking guidance as to what mix to order and try.

Ford-N0FP
ford at cmgate.com