[RFI] ECM...etc.

Martin Ewing martin at aa6e.net
Sat Sep 4 12:13:34 EDT 2004

Our CT power company just installed a load-shedding device on our air
conditioning compressor that lets them shut us off when they reach
capacity.  They give us $20 a year for our kindness. We had a similar
arrangement in California that paid more handsomely.

Anyway, these devices seem to be controlled by some kind of digital
link.  I assume this is over the air, like a pager transmitter, but it's
an example of what a household data line could do in the future.

-mse, AA6E