[RFI] MFJ-854 Clip-on RF Ammeter Experience?

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Thu Sep 23 13:18:27 EDT 2004

Dan, I don't know the model numbers, but I worked on or two
one of the current meters they sell.

The style I did were reasonably close in accuracy and had a
useful current range from a few mA to something like three
amps in steps. They were OK in terms of frequency response.

There was a second one that isn't very linear with frequency
and isn't calibrated, more or less a wiggler. I had nothing
to do with that one, except for looking at a few.

So it depends on what you want to, and how they assembled
the unit. I'd even wonder by now if the calibration and test
fixtures I built are still being used.

73, Tom W8JI