[RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Aug 9 16:45:56 EDT 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:12:23 -0700, Leigh L Klotz, Jr. wrote:

>I plan to try 10 megabit multimode optical this week.

That should kill everything except what the boxes radiates due to poor
shielding, and from their power leads.

>Another option might be 10 Base 2 with coax.

I wouldn't expect that to be a fix unless you use a lot better quality
gear. The problem is that the box dumps RF onto the cable common mode. If
they actually bond the coax shield to the enclosure, it would fix it. But
if they just bring it to the PC board, it will set up a pin 1 problem and
conduct the trash onto the shield, where it will radiate.

Jim Brown  K9YC