[RFI] New unidentified QRN source

Jerry Weihrauch k0hzi at comcast.net
Sat Aug 13 09:35:25 EDT 2005

Kirk,

Sounds like a leaky insulator, if the intensity varies between rain and
dry spells, then that is a good possibility.
Notify the engineering department of your power provider of the noise.
Leaky insulators are also waste energy and the power company does not
get "paid" for the wasted energy.  They usually will come out with their
own "sniffing" equipment, but try to be around and have your portable
radio handy if they don't hear anything.

Good luck,

Jerry  -  K0HZI