[RFI] New source of noise

Henry Pfizenmayer pfizenmayer at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 14 00:38:01 EDT 2005

 A couple days ago a  very rough , frequency unstable ,  bunch of birdies
about every 39 khz appeared in the low end of 40 meters - further checking -
the birdies exist from 500 khz up thru at least 8 mhz - and higher with an
ICOM  R10 and its (very insensitive ) whip held anywhere near the printer or
its cord.

I traced the birdies  to a label printer by Brother  Model QL500  The label
says its tested to comply with FCC standards for Home or Office use and
Class B digital apparatus Canadian ICES-003.

The birdies are there whenever the thing is plugged in - whether it is
turned on or not with the front panel switch. I have had the thing plugged
in for several months with no problems but apparently something has changed.

So FWIW - if you have  a  Brother QL500 beware !

Regards _Hank K7HP