[RFI] Power Line Ultrasound Detector

Roger D Johnson n1rj at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 16 15:42:31 EDT 2005

The point I was trying to make is that I don't know if an
ultrasound unit on the ground would be any advantage over
our conventional VHF/UHF localization methods. The offending
pole is relatively easy to find. The trick is to find out
just what hardware on the pole is causing the problem! The
small ultrasound unit, operating at short range, seems to do
a very good job. I don't know what brand of device the power
company was using but I'm sure it has to be relatively
expensive as it would have to be certified for the voltages
involved.

73, Roger

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)