[RFI] Power Line Ultrasound Detector

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Aug 16 16:18:23 EDT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:08:25 -0500, Tim Duffy K3LR wrote:

>Does anyone know of a VHF and or UHF yagi that is available with a hand held
>option, without homebrew mods?

>This would be an out-of-the-box solution for an RFI directional antenna that can
>be hooked to a VHF/UHF receiver?

At a hamfest this past weekend, I paid about $10 for a used 432 Yagi that is about 4
ft long and has a coax connector on it and a mast clamp on one end. That's pretty
portable -- it wouldn't be to tough to put some kind of soft plate with a pivot on
it and let it push against your chest as you walk around. Or just point it around as
you walk. It's pretty light.

Jim Brown K9YC