[RFI] GFI Outlets

Dan Violette danki6x at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 19 23:24:40 EDT 2005

I found my RFI Kit.  They change them every once in a while, mine (have
gotten 2 over the years) are a few years old, but similar to what you found
on their website.  I have replaced items individually that I used most.
They also should have the RFI brochure on the website too.

I used:  FB-63-73 (Ferrite Bead - size 63 - mix 73)

But, I think the mix 77 (FB-63-77) is the better one now, which was not
available when I bought.  The ID is 0.2 inch, and it is twice as long as the
other 0.2" ID (FB-24).  It seemed to fit on the 12 or 14 gauge wire nice.
It could be a tighter fit if you measure the wire closer.  Also the longer
the more choking ability.  Make sure no exposed wire because I think they
are conductive to some degree.  If you need to cover in electrical tape to
hold in place/insulate.  I have also multi-wrapped beads on things like CW
wire cables and speaker wires if you can take the connector off and thread
it a few times.

Good luck, Dan KI6X