[RFI] rf and insulin pumps

S. Markowski Jr. km9m-zig at comcast.net
Sun Feb 13 22:50:21 EST 2005

My daughter's been a insulin diabetic for a year now.  Preparations are
underway currently to get her an insulin pump to control it, as other
measures have come up short.

The Brand/model is Medtronic Paradigm 515/715 Insulin Pump.  In some of
the literature there is mention of a RF feature that ties the pump and
metering together.  No mention of frequency used, etc...
I have written the representative of Medtronic to find out frequency
used, potential of unit receiving RFI , etc.

The question:  Does anyone on the list have any knowledge of amateur
gear interfering with such devices?  And if not firsthand knowledge, any
idea where else to check?

Thanks and 73,
Zig - KM9M