[RFI] New to the Group

Ian White G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Sat Feb 26 04:10:30 EST 2005

Cortland Richmond wrote:
>I hope these cautions are NOT seen as "dragging a newcomer across the
>coals." I certainly didn't have that in mind!

Neither did I, and I do hope Mac didn't see it that way.

It's simply that surplus ferrite is a nightmare for the buyer. In this
particular case, the seller is making no representation about the type
of beads; and the buyer can see that.

Sometimes you have to pay extra, just to be sure what it is you've
bought. As in one of Terry Pratchett's books:

"Curry with meat: 10 pennies.
  Curry with NAMED meat: 20 pennies."

These days, I always buy NAMED ferrite.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek