[RFI] FCC fines station for exceeding RF field strength limits(andother things)

Jim P jvpoll at dallas.net
Sun Feb 27 15:10:26 EST 2005

Someone has to 'write that check' - and right
now (former) management/licensee types (the
station looks to have been sold already at some
point) are looking around quoting each other
saying "don't look at me" ...

I wouldn't like to explain to any boss or investor
how it was we "repeatedly and willfully" fell short
on such commonly measured metrics as RF output
power (they weren't meeting their licensed power),
antenna height (they were 5 meters too low), EAS
performance (equip. not in place or not functioning)
or exceeding RF exposure levels, et cetera.

Parking or speeding tickets usually aren't enough
to financially impact most of us either, yet I dare
say that most of us 'take more notice' of the posted
'notices and limits' after receiving same.

YMMV, depending on such factors as one's sheer
headstrong nature or the need to speed (for a bona-
fide or acceptable personal reason or for sheer
recklessness-for-fun aspect e.g. participation in
"The Gumball Rally".)

Jim  /  WB5WPA  /