[RFI] Buying a new TV

Missouri Guy, N0TT n0tt1 at juno.com
Mon Jan 10 21:58:47 EST 2005

> My question is: how do I protect myself when buying
> a new television?

It's tough to test a TV set in the store, least of all RFI
emisions from a particular TV, since they have so many
on at the same time.

You might consider having your local sales person write
on the ticket that's it's "OK to return if customer isn't 100%
satisfied"....or something like that....and have him/her
sign it!  Be sure to tell the sales person WHY you want that
in writing.  Some retailers like Best Buy now have more
stringent return policies and that might help to smooth
things over at the return counter.

73
Charlie   N0TT