[RFI] TVI

Ron Feutz feutz at wctc.net
Tue Jan 11 23:12:21 EST 2005

Gentlemen,

I am getting a bit of TVI.  At high power on 40-160, the digital TV signal
occasionally "locks up".  My antennas are all at least 400 feet from the
house.  The problem has to be the rf getting into the digital convertor
boxes on either the AC lines or the phone/CAT 5 lines from the phone
company (the phone co. is also the cable co).

I think the answer is big torroids on the incoming AC, CAT5 and phone lines
to the digital convertors.

 From reading the archives, 2" #73 torroids appear to be right.

Is my approach right?

If so, where do I get the torroids?  Wireman has some big torroids but
doesn't say wha

Ron  KK9K