[RFI] Anyone know what this might be

WX5L wx5l at charter.net
Sun Jan 23 11:09:41 EST 2005

Noise like this can be from so many different consumer devices. It's just
incredable how much  RFI is out there with new technology. I would think a
S-9 would be within a block or 2. Did you go out at least 2 city blocks
away?

Here's a reference web-page that was  helpful to me recently.
Http://www.ve3hls.com/noise/rfihome.html

>From your recording it's not typical power line noise but from a device like
a thermostate, cell phone wall charger, electric blanket or ionic air
filter. Give a close listen to the .wav file sent in by N4EKV. It sounds
similar but has a different timing but that could be just different
manufacturers. Take a listen to some of the others not related to typical
line noise.

73,
Randy
WX5L