[RFI] Ethernet RFI

Jim jvpoll at dallas.net
Sun Jan 23 15:32:25 EST 2005

Using fomulas from the theory of 'Permutations and
Combinations' the following equation determines the
number of unique groupings (irrespective of the order
or different permutations such as 1, 2  and 2, 1) or
combination relationship:

          n_C_r   =   n!  /  (n-r)! * r!

Therefore given 8 wires and choosing 2 we have:

   8_C_2 =      8!      /    (8 - 2)! * 2!

   8_C_2  =     8!      /     6!   * 2!

   8_C_2  =    40320 /    720  *  2

   8_C_2  =    28 unique combinations if my math is correct!

Jim  /  WB5WPA  /