[RFI] RFI From Wireless Internet Radio

Dana Roode dana.roode at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:27:47 EDT 2005

RFI Folk,

We have internet service provided through a 2.4ghz wireless radio -
the unit at our house is a Aeronaut 250 from TenX Networks.  I
recently discovered this device creates a broadband hash,  it is very
noticable on 6 meters (where the internet and 6 meter antennas are
very close) and also on 15 meters.  On 15 meters the noise from the
wireless radio is loud when I point my beam at the house - the beam is
60' up on a tower about 150 feet away.

Does anyone have any experience with RFI from a device like this one
and have suggestions as to how I might eliminate it?

Thanks,

  Dana, K6NR