[RFI] Oscilloscopes

Jim P jvpoll at dallas.net
Fri Mar 4 14:04:05 EST 2005

Good summary of uses for an o-scope, Ford.

Add to that list these two 'uncommon' (but
valuable) applications:

- - - - - -

- Measure RF Impedances Using an O-Scope

  http://www.dallas.net/~jvpoll/tech/ph_mag.html

I came up with this methodology when faced with the
prospect of not having a commercial impedance bridge
available for use on 'a job' during an ATU change-out
years ago at a commercial AM broadcast site - it works
well and one can dynamically 'sweep' a network and
easily find resonance by observing for a null phase
difference between scope channels as well as the
amplitude 'peak' on the test port.

- W8WWV - Hex Array - Using the Oscilloscope to
  Make Phased Array Measurements - by Greg Ordy

http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Amateur%20Radio/Experimentation/HexAr
ray/UsingScope.htm

Measurements on phased antenna arrays using an o-scope.

Jim P  /  WB5WPA  /