[RFI] Honda Generator RFI

Clay Curtiss W7CE w7ce at curtiss.net
Wed Mar 23 10:22:39 EST 2005

I'm currently using an end-fed wire through a tuner and I figured that was
compounding the problem.  I'm going to try to put up a horizontal balanced
dipole fed with twin feed this weekend and see if things get better.  Even
if it does, I'd still like to solve the problem so that I have a quiet RF
environment.  Since this location is off the power grid, I'm hoping for a
QRN free environment (at least man-made noise).

Your article is helpful.  I think I'll order a couple of toroids and try
your design.  I'm going to experiment this weekend to see if I have any
ignition noise.  If I do, it is currently masked by the RF noise.

Clay W7CE