[RFI] Switch Mode Power Supply

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 13:46:03 EST 2005

Thought I would say that I have cured my rfi problem
with the switch mode power supply. I had to go to
Toronto on Saturday, and took the opportunity to buy a
small AC line filter. Connected it as close to the AC
input terminals as I could, switched everything on
.... zero rf hash. Amazing what 3 capacitors and 2
inductors can do if they are in the right place!

Upon reflection, I should have tried that in the first
place, as I have found in the past that PC power
supplies are calmed down by fitting suppressor type
IEC input connectors.

73 Roger
VE3ZI