[RFI] Curing Garage Door Problem

Michael Germino ad6aa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 11 23:44:24 EDT 2005

I had the same problem.  I went out to see what I had done.  It was years ago.  On the wire going to the button to open and shut the door, I re-wired it with a shielded cable and grounded it at one end (to the opener).  At the button I put one ferrite bead, and at the opener I used a large Radio Shack split bead that I was aple to wind the cable around eight times.  The wires going to the electric eye at the door didn't need anything done to them.

The Dentron 2500 hasn't opened the garage door since then.

Mike
AD6AA

Bill Coleman <aa4lr at arrl.net> wrote:

During the CW Sprint, I found that running my new amplifier on 20m CW
causes my garage door to open and close.

Any ideas how to cure this problem? Bypass caps or ferrite chokes on
the switch wiring?