[RFI] Computer cases and RFI

Jim P jvpoll at dallas.net
Mon Jan 2 20:41:48 EST 2006

> I have YET to find an old ham radio program I ...

An assumption that it's "an old ham program".

Suffice it to say that it involves a hardware key for the
S/W, special hardware and since the original S/W runs
fast enough under DOS at 33 MHz, it isn't worth the time
to make any changes to a stable, reliable, productive,
platform that I might only require a few hours at a time
every couple of months.

So far that old 386 has outlasted the last two Wintel
platforms (I'm still using the 3rd, right now) that were
the 'mainstay' of every day computer life, so, were I to
have migrated each time, think of the wasted effort
each time, not to mention the fact of the matter of
having to accomodate that albatross of a S/W key and
also having to get that aditional H/W intergrated into
the desktop arrangement 'just to get the job done'.

Short story: Not all of us run these Wintel boxes just for
ham apps and its just easier to run the old PC as she sits.

Jim P //  WB5WPA  //