[RFI] Brushless vs Brush Fans & RFI?

Cortland Richmond ka5s at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 10 13:17:15 EST 2006

Hi again, Doc.

No, I'd say it isn't.  I learned in the military that brushes in high speed
fans can fail after only a few days.   That's why computer and equipment
cooling fans don't use them.  And these guys have a two year warranty.

Some modern fans can generate EMI if the the motor driver or tach-output
oscillate at RF.   Soetimes leads provide a UHF "tank circuit" that helps
things along.

Cortland
KA5S