[RFI] Tv interference

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jan 19 13:58:51 EST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:10:53 -0600, Olinger, Steven L wrote:

>Trane high efficiency furnace installed in my home.
>When the burner comes on, channels 2-6 have interference on
>the screen.

If the product is used at home, shouldn't it carry a sticker saying
that complies with FCC Part 15 as a Class B device? Does it have
that sticker?

If the manufacturer won't fix the RFI, it might be worth calling the
FCC and asking about compliance. Or telling the manufacturer that
your next call will be to the FCC. You might also let the mfr know
that the interference their equipment is causing is the topic of
discussion on the internet, and that some prospective purchasers are
losing interest in Trane products.

BTW -- there's a fair chance that if this thing is wiping out Ch 2-
6, it is probably also doing damage on 6 meters and the FM broadcast
band. It's also possible that 10 meters and 2 meters could be
affected.

Jim Brown K9YC