[RFI] Identification help

Dave Hachadorian K6LL at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 29 21:59:51 EST 2006

It sounds to me like a defective mercury vapor streetlight
(those purplish-colored ones) trying to ignite. Look around
and see if there is one in the neighborhood that is not lit
at night, and see if it generates your noise when it
repeatedly tries to ignite. I once found a bad one in a
county maintenance yard about 1/2 mile away.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ