[RFI] RFI all over the band

Morse, Earl (E.A.) emorse at ford.com
Mon Oct 2 09:55:36 EDT 2006

Most definitely a power line noise and one that is exposed to rain too.

One technique that you can use to home in on the source is to use your
AM radio and start with a clear frequency as high up in the bands as you
can go and still hear the interference.  As you get closer to the source
and the noise gets stronger you can either go higher in frequency and/or
select a weak station that you can hear the noise on.

Then as the interference gets stronger and becomes more noticeable you
can continue to find stronger stations and/or move higher in frequency.
It is important to stay in the AM mode in order for the interference to
be heard.

Good luck in dealing with the utility but you will have a stronger
position if you can locate the problem for them.

Earl
N8SS

Message: 1