[RFI] intermod/rectification

Morse, Earl (E.A.) emorse at ford.com
Tue Oct 24 17:24:54 EDT 2006

Mike,

The PN junction where the mixing is occuring may not be in your antennas
but rather close to you.  A metal fence or other object near you could
have a poor connection and be mixing signals strong enough to excite it.

The most likely places to look for external intermod is either close to
the transmitter or close to the receiver.  Since others are hearing the
interference it could be close to the transmitters.  Time to start
mapping it out, working your way away from your antennas.  Enlist the
others in the area to see if you can identify an area where it is
strongest.  Go portable and see if it disappears as you get away from
your station.

A directional antenna would be nice so you can head in a logical
direction rather than wandering.  Do your beams, Beverages, and shorty
yagi give you any signal strength indications that indicate a particular
direction.

Earl
N8SS

Message: 1