[RFI] Interference on TV using 2 meters

Danny Richardson k6mhe at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 26 09:21:03 EDT 2006

At 09:31 PM 10/25/2006, you wrote:
>We have the same problems here, and it is up to the cable provider to
>tighten his network. There is no problem with your rig, although your
>neighbor probably will not believe that!

Here's something to consider. I have seen it demonstrated that those short
3 foot coax cables used to connect VCRs and the like to the TV are a likely
culprit. They are very cheaply made and leak badly. If you neighbor is
using those I suggest you try replacing them with some good quality ones.
Our local cable company routinely replaces those first thing when
investigating complaints of interference and 90% of the time it resolves
the problem.

73,
Danny, K6MHE