[RFI] Buying New Vehicle - RFI issues with these models?

Phil Wait philwait at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 5 06:56:12 EDT 2007

I run 100 Watts PEP from a diesel 100 series Toyota Landcruiser with a
helical antenna mounted on a front "roo bar".

The only problem I have had is RFI from the high voltage piezo injector
drive across HF. This can be mostly fixed by placing 3 large ferrite clip-on
suppressors (in line) around the lead from the injector drive unit. (located
on Australian vehicles in the engine bay above the left side wheel arch).

The Australian Landcruiser is the largest of the 4WD vehicles Toyota makes.
In some other countries the Landcruiser name is fixed to a smaller vehicle.

bye
Phil VK2DKN