[RFI] RFI from 2005 Accord V6
ab0yw2006 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 23:31:54 EDT 2007
I have a 2005 Accord V6. As of recently, I'm getting broad noise across
HF. In the past there was virtually no noticeable noise when the car was
running. Now I hear around S6-S7 (ICOM 706) at any RPM.
- There is no noise when the engine is off or when the ignition key is
in the on position (engine not running).
- The noise ramps up as RPM goes up.
- I had Honda check the engine for misfires or other anomalies and it
got a perfect check up.
- The engine has coils/caps on top of the valve covers. I've
unplugged each cap while listening to the radio and been unable to detect
any change in the buzz.
- I've wiggled all wires going to ignition components and the
injectors without any noticeable difference.
- I've clamped a wire to the negative battery terminal and touched
other ground points to see if I could hear any difference to no avail.
Has anyone experienced something like this? Could it be the injectors?
Appreciate any tips.
More information about the RFI