[RFI] [FT-857] RF noise throughout the HF band most noticeable on SSB

kd4e doc at kd4e.com
Sun Aug 19 23:52:32 EDT 2007

This may be best addressed on one of the two RFI-related lists
to which I took the liberty of cross-posting.

If RFI discussions are on the RFI list they have a better chance
of expert assistance and they are easier to find later on.

In direct response I'd say the list of possible sources for this
offense is rather high these days!

Electric pet fence, charging device for a battery powered mower,
leaky alarm system, poorly maintained out-patient medical equipment,
super-efficient (read pulsed) outside lighting system, or ... his
kid is a fan of the Timtron WA1HLR and has cobbled together some
monstrous electrical device reminiscent of Tims youthful escapades.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html