[RFI] powerline noise that seems to peak in frequency

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 00:31:47 EST 2007

I noticed the same thing today for the first time.  It was very
strange.  I have a powerline pole 2 doors down that I've been trying
to get PG&E to fix since May.  Some days are worse than others.  It's
been quiet all week since the rains early in the week, but today (a
nice, sunny California "winter" day) the noise was loud and clear
again.  Strangely enough, though, the noise was S7 in the SSB part of
the band (around 28.450), but was S0 in the CW part of the band.  At
first I thought it was due to my narrow CW filter, but the noise was
still S0 in the CW part of the band even after I changed to my 2.4KHz
SSB filter and USB.  I had never seen this before.