[RFI] Power Lines

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 12:11:31 EST 2007

I probably shouldn't admit this but........... After all the Edison/Tesla things I've seen over the years and a discussion with my brother that worked for Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, I was SHOCKED to learn that some of their main transmission lines are actually DC. I have always assumed all the main power lines are AC. Even studies I've seen regarding health issues from power lines reference AC.

There is interesting reading at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_power_transmission

OK, so you all knew this........ but it was news to me.

Rick, N6PE