[RFI] I. C. E. products question

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Dec 31 16:11:24 EST 2007

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:51:40 -0800, rrath at charter.net wrote:

>Thank you for your reply. So you like the W3NQN filters the best.

Not quite -- the sample of NCCC members on the reflector do. And our
comments are on the RF bandpass filters, NOT the power filters. Danny,
K6MHE, just sent me some very disturbing comments about what he found when
he opened up two models of their power filters. I hope he will post them to
the list.

>The w7scc
>trustee is for the Ham station at our local EOC, where the RFI problem is.

HOLD ON A MINUTE!  That's a VERY different question. RF bandpass filters in
a coax line WILL NOT help prevent on-frequency RF noise from being coupled
onto antennas. RF POWER LINE filters MAY prevent RF from being coupled from
noisy computers to the power line, and from there to your ham gear. But
there are MANY other ways that noise can be coupled from computers and
other gear in the building to your ham antennas.

Before you buy ANYTHING, download and STUDY the following.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Then STUDY it again.

Then ask some questions.

73,