[RFI] Help on speed drive motor controller RFI

Leigh L Klotz, Jr. Leigh at WA5ZNU.org
Mon Jan 29 19:53:23 EST 2007

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer with a variable-frequency AC motor
controller made in Germany.  Another ham has the same controller in his
Sears washer and quieted it with a brute-force filter and ferrites.  He
and I both wrote articles on eHam.  I put in ferrites but have not yet
put in the filter as I want to get the case and ground bonding done
right and the unit is very heavy and in an awkward location.  Moving my
antenna, moving the easher, better grounding, ferrites and re-routing
the power and control cables all helped reduce by about 40dB.  The
filter would probably take it down more.  Search eHam and this list for
pix.
73,