[RFI] RFI from Astron power supply

Jim P jvpoll at dallas.net
Sat May 26 20:01:55 EDT 2007

I have to say that I have observed RFI coming from my Astron RS-35M
'linear' supply. It is in the form of a pulse or 'buzz' at the line rate. It
kind of low-level and is noticable on the AM broadcast band; I don't
usually hear it on the ham bands even when using it to power the
HR rig doing the receiving.

The supply is not oscillating, but there would appear to be something
else taking place generating this 'RFI' linked to the line (AC input) side
of things.

Jim P  // WB5WPA //