[RFI] Identify this pole hardware

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:07:42 EDT 2007

Yes, this is what I'm now suspecting.  Maybe power somehow arc'd to
this box and caused it to blow.  If this is true, then the arc may
still be there and my noise problem may come back once temperatures
rise again.  The last time I heard noise from that pole was 1 week
ago.

Yes, it sounded like a gunshot when it blew.

I talked to PG&E yesterday and they have no report of any permanent
outage in the neighborhood so they aren't treating this like an
emergency.  So far, they haven't been out to look at the pole.

I'm thinking of dropping by the neighbor whose address number is on
the box that appears to be blown and ask them if their phone line is
down.