[RFI] Identify this pole hardware

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Wed May 30 18:23:44 EDT 2007

I went home from work for lunch and took a look.  Yes, these black
boxes are connected to the telephone lines.  So, I guess the answer to
my original question is: these are telco splice boxes.  As others
pointed out, the lines right above this are for cable.

Unfortunately, the explosion on the pole did NOT eliminate my RFI.
The RFI is still there.  It's not real strong or constant today since
it's not that hot out, but it's there nonetheless.  So, if there was
an arc that just happened to take out one of those splice boxes then
the arc is probably still there not only causing RFI but preparing to
cause worse damage if not fixed.  I called PG&E once again and told
them this pole may be a hazard.  They said they'd come out and have a
look.

I took more pictures of the box that looks like it blew up.  I'll post
them tonight when I get home from work.