[RFI] W3NQN AC Line Filters

Jim Hill hro5-2 at cox.net
Wed Nov 21 12:02:06 EST 2007

Hi Tim: Could you provide some info about the filter, such as power
ratings and how you connected it - next to the computer, at the wall
plug, grounding, etc?  I have serious problems listening in my travel
trailer when at a RV park.  Sometimes, most of the noise comes
through the AC power line. I managed to get a commercial line filter
that probably costs hundreds of dollars new, made adapters and
connected it next to the RV park power outlet, but little or no
help.  I tried grounding the case to the power enclosure, but didn't
see much difference. Possibly the filter was defective, but more
likely it was the setup.  I resolved the problem by running the
trailer on internal battery power, but like turning off your computer
not the best approach.

Jim