[RFI] RFI into house from FT-2K

rbaker rbaker at cloudnet.com
Mon Sep 10 17:33:09 EDT 2007

 Hello  all-- I am a new subscriber to this reflector and have a problem
--ie.I recently replaced my FT-1000 MP with a new FT-2000. I changed
nothing--cables,ground system etc.but the new radio gets into the TV,
security system,computer speakers etc..I have high / low pass filters in
the proper places,toroids/chokes,wherever I can put them. Put in a new
8' ground rod etc.The only variable in the system, is the new
radio.Also, we tested all (4)of my antennas,on all bands ,at three power
levels( Quadra amp) into a dummy load--No, RFI into the above mentioned
devices!!So, what is the FT-2K doing that the FT-2K MP didn't???Help !!
           Thank you for your attention to my problem.
           73
                   de    Bob   W0ROB