[RFI] Nasty RFI wiping out higher bands

Howard Lester hlester at dakotacom.net
Tue Dec 16 17:43:04 EST 2008

> My new Maytag Bravos top load washer is absolutely quiet as is our
> Sonly LCD HD television set. Sometimes things just go right.
> Slater, VE5OA

Same with my Sony Bravia KDL-26M4000. I took an inexpensive pocket
shortwave, extended its antenna, and held it near the Sony. I selected
various bands on the shortwave from about 30m - 17m, and it only made a
racket when within a few feet of the tv. Outside of that radius the radio
was clear. I got about the same distance results testing the radio with my
Dell laptop.

Howard N7SO