[RFI] Low RFI HDTV

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Dec 28 23:39:03 EST 2008

Dan Zimmerman N3OX wrote:
>> As I understand it plasma is not ham radio friendly and is actually going
>>

> away in favor of LCD and eventually LED technology.
>
>> Could someone please give the group a thumbnail sketch of what's going on?
>>

> Going away in the long run??  Maybe.
>
> But my uncle just bought a new plasma TV last week when his DLP TV gave it
> up.
>
> He's not fond of LCD because of viewing angle issues.

There haven't been viewing angle issues with LCD's in over 3 years.  I
have a 2 1/2 year old 40" that has a clear viewing angle of 178 degrees
horizontally and something like 150 vertically which means although the
image is clear and bright, we've reached useless numbers whether plasma,
CRT, or LCD.  They all work equally well within the useful range.

73

Roger (K8RI)