[RFI] Car Advice

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Dec 31 12:38:20 EST 2008

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:38:06 EST, Jimk8mr at aol.com wrote:

>Any experience or recommendations of something to get or something
>to  avoid?

I had MISERABLE luck with my Toyota Sequoia -- 100W on 20M crashed
the car's computer and put me in "limp home" mode in the middle of
the Nevada desert. Luckily I was able to reboot it by pulling
battery leads off and restoring.

One fundamental cause appears to be an almost complete lack of
bonding between sections of the body (paint in the way). Who knows
what other issues. I've been too busy with other things to pursue
fixing it. I've been quite pleased with the vehicle otherwise, but
from a ham radio perspective, it's a complete washout.

73,

Jim K9YC