[RFI] furnace RFI

j. viele w8jv at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 22:19:08 EST 2008

I have determined that the RFI I am hearing on 80 and 160 is coming from my new Trane XV95 furnace, in particular the DC motor/controller on the "inducer fan".  I have been notified by the manufacturer that a shielded cable kit is available for installation by a service tech called "KIT14688".  I have not had this cable kit installed yet but will let you know if it works.  This is evidently a problem with many high efficiency Trane furnaces, not just the XV95.