[RFI] Rfi from a neighbor.

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Sat Feb 9 09:00:27 EST 2008

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply. The specific file I heard was called
w1uk-dogfence.mp3 & they do have other instances of RFI from electric
fences on the top of that page, this fence is the one at the very
bottom of the page. It's not a clicking/ticking sound at all, it's
very digital in nature.

Where we are, there are no electric fences, it's what used to be a
secluded seaside private development & now there's a whole lot more
houses than there were before & there hasn't been an electric fence
here since the early 60's. This sound has been there for 4-5 years
I'd guess but it's never been an issue till I got on 160 & the 20
seconds of time I drive past the source when it overpowers the AM
radio in the car.

I'm driving up to visit a friend this evening & will pass by the
other house that has this noise. I will stop by their place and ask
them if they know what it is. I'm pretty sure they know about the
problem if they use AM. Their answer might be of help.

Gary
KA1J